Thursday, July 9, 2009

White Water Rafting



Posted by Picasa




Posted by Picasa
This was probably the most fun I've had since the Harley ride through the redwoods. My cousin Cheri invited me on a rafting trip down the Payette river. I was honestly surprised how much fun this is! Her boyfriend knew the river well, and as our experienced guide, he helped me feel completely safe. He just told us when to paddle through the waves and when to relax and enjoy the ride. We talked about how this was kind of like life, right?! You just drift along for a while, then things speed up and you have to gear up and prepare for the rapids. The scenery was breathtaking! It was touching to spend time with Brentan and Cheri again, and I was so impressed by their men! I still see Brentan in my mind as 14, but she has really grown into an amazing woman and mom. This was one of those picture perfect days that I will always carry in my heart and mind.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: