Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School


  I can't believe school is already here! We are sad that the summer is gone, yet the kids are so excited to start school with new teachers and friends. Chambray started middle school. This is a big adjustment and so far after making it through the first week, she is still loving it! Marissa loves Bonner, and walked in the first day of 2nd grade as if she owned the place! Janson with 2 full years of school, started a half day of kindergarten like it was nothing. I am so excited to see what this year has to bring! Chambray amazes me with how she just takes things in stride, without stress. She was so calm, cool, and collected this week about the 6 classes, homework, the locker thing, flute, having 6 classes in 5 different wings with 1700 other students, carpool with the 7th graders, and even getting lost the first day. I think this would have just put me over the edge and I would have bawled and bawled my first week. Not Chammy, she just shrugs off the uncomfortableness, overcomes the fear of new things, and laughs about being blond! She's showing her true colors and I stand in awe as she develops into a responsible daughter of God!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

How exciting, they are back in school and it is a new year. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Also I loved the Journal entry about Janson. I am sure it is hard to let go.

Josh and Lauren said...

How cute is Missy's outfit?! Chammy is grown up and I'm SOOO glad she has handeled everything so well. I'd sure be a mess too! Janson deals with everything so well too- he's such a responsible little guy- bless his sweetheart for helping mom through the hard times of 'letting him go' play with his friends. Miss you guys! Love ya lots-
Aunt Ya Ya