Monday, September 1, 2008

One Last Summer Getaway-CAMPING



Picking out lava rock on the road to Pine Valley


This year before school started we went camping for a few days. It was alot of work, really dirty, and quite different than the usual beach trip, but we loved it! Jason and I haven't taken the kids camping since Marissa was just a baby, so this trip was long overdue. I reserved the campsite online, the website said there was "flushable toilets"- well when we arrived they didn't have our reservation, and there were no toilets! Oh well- no problem, the Cribbs Clan love spontaneity- like we always say- change is for the better. Well, we ended up getting an awesome huge family site right next to the creek because of the mistake. And the toilet thing....well my girls learned all about squatting! We even bathed in a pot of heated creek water.- (now that's rouging it)! The kids had a blast...getting dirty, playing in the water, fishing, roasting marshmallows, hiking around, and playing with their little cousins! We were so glad my sister and her family joined us for one night!
Click to play camping
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

3 comments:

Sara said...

What a fun trip! I'm jealous.

I'll be in Vegas Tues - Thurs. Let's get together!

Hardy Family said...

I am so proud of you for sticking it out! I am not sure I would have even gone as far as you with the boiling water baths. You always seem to amaze me. Darren & I stayed in Pine Valley in a friends cabin for part 2 of our honeymoon way back when. It is so beautiful there.

The Hyde's said...

Your camping trip looked like so much fun. You guys stayed in some pretty country. What troopers!!!!