Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One Liners/Letting Go...

Kids say the darndest things....Missy..."Oh, eeewwwhh, Dad don't call mom 'baby' cause that's what the guys call the girls in their music, gross dad!....Janson would not eat breakfast, I told him if he did, he would be strong enough to score a goal, and we would all go see a movie...2 minutes into the game, Janson shoots and scores then stops, turns to me and yells across the soccer field, "Mom can we go see 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' now?!" Chammy.......after studying the instruction paper inside a bobble head McDonald's toy for about 5 minutes said..."Mom, I don't get it."
Journal entry..."Letting Go"...Today Janson began his playgroup/carpool for afternoon kindergarten. It is a great opportunity for us. Between the 5 children in the group, we all switch off and take a day of the week having the kids over, letting them play, and then feeding them lunch before taking them to school. This is a huge step in the long road of letting go and allowing Janson to be looked after by others. I knew it would be a paradigm, Janson has never really been with anyone for more than a few hours other than family and a few babysitters. This was a good lesson in trust and faith. I didn't think much of it until I returned home from dropping him off and reviewing the "instruction manual" for my son with a mom. I walked in the door, went to the fridge, then sat down on the floor and just sobbed. I know he will be absolutely fine, but letting go is so hard. I will always worry about his blood sugars and his medical condition. I was quite shocked at my reaction, and was surprised how this was harder than sending him off to school. I still remember his little face saying to me "it's ok mom, I can do it, just go and don't worry.....I'm gonna play with my friends." My Heavenly Father continues to bless me and to protect my son. I am eternally grateful for the gift of spirit that tells me how and when my son needs medical attention. I pray that I might continue to stay in tune with what Janson needs, even if it is playtime with wonderful friends AWAY from MOM!!

2 comments:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Andi,

You are BEAUTIFUL!!! You have a gorgeous family. I love you!

Josh and Lauren said...

That's my nieces and nephew!